Some forums can only be seen by registered members.
The risks of bacterial and fungal growth are higher if you use the bottle with a drink that contains sugars. Thanks for your feedback! Is there something wrong with your tap water? Are they BPA free? As well as the fact it's clearly disgustingly unhygienic, Good Housekeeping have discovered there are a bunch of nasty chemicals from the plastic which get released as it breaks down with frequent use.
Why you should indulge now instead of waiting for a special occasion. View detailed profile Advanced or search site with. If I take a trip somewhere I don't want to have to worry about contaminated water when I get back. I do probably every three uses or three months. If I'm better off recycling those after one use, I will probably try the Brita water pitcher.
Water Research. From Primo's site. If you have any clear, hard plastic water bottles labeled 7 that are 10 years old or more, they may have been made before this change. Disposable water bottles are usually made of polyethylene terephthalate PET.
Hope this helps. If keeping those 5-gallon bottles is safe for multiple uses, which route would you prefer for safety?
Cancel Changes. If you have visible bacterial slime or mold in your water bottle, you should sanitize your water bottle with a dilute bleach solution of 1 teaspoon bleach and 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 quart of water.
Welle F, Franz R. That would save you a whole load of fuss. It is easy to refill them from the tap or water cooler, yet you will see warnings saying never to reuse these disposable bottles.
Where did these nasty water bottle rumors come from? Do I need to recycle these big bottles after every use to prevent bacteria and other potential health problems or are they okay for multiple uses?
Following concerns that bisphenol A BPA could leach out of clear polycarbonate water bottles , most bottles have been reformulated so they are BPA-free. Manufacturers of single-use water bottles note that as you reuse bottles there may be tiny cracks that develop. Allow the solution to sit in the bottle overnight, then thoroughly rinse and dry the bottle before using it again.
PET has been tested extensively and no evidence of migration of toxic amounts of chemicals from the plastic to the contents has been found.